Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We’re the largest dedicated environmental organization in the American Jewish community. In aggregate we’re seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century- enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. We are based in New York and have offices in San Francisco, Denver and Boulder.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Background on Hazon
Hazon is the largest environmental organization in the American Jewish community. We create healthy and sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond.
We effect change in three ways:
- Through the direct human impact of our programs;
- By supporting the American Jewish environmental movement and the Israeli environmental movement;
- Through thought-leadership (writing, speaking, teaching, campaigning).
The following values underpin our programs:
- A strong commitment to inclusive community;
- A strong commitment to volunteer involvement and leadership development;
- Being Jewishly serious and deeply engaged with the world around us;
- We believe in reaching people where they are and not where we might like them to be.
In the medium-term, our goal is to transform Jewish life over the next few years, so that by September 2015 – at the end of the next shmita (sabbatical) year in the Jewish tradition, – we are clearly and demonstrably weaving commitments to sustainability into the fabric of Jewish life in this country and around the world.