You can do it!
Hazon Rides are one of the largest sources of support for the Jewish Environmental Movement. Each rider has a fundraising minimum, but most end up raising much more than their target. Since our first bike ride in 2000, Hazon has given away over $700,000 to support over a hundred organizations and projects that are working to create a healthier and more sustainable world, and touched the lives of thousands of people through our transformative experiences and educational resources.
Just as you’ve signed up for a bike ride that may represent a real physical challenge, fundraising is a skill that can be learned. The pages in this section are designed to help you craft a fundraising plan that will help you reach – and surpass – your fundraising goal. Feel free to contact us at any point for assistance.
I learned that fundraising is not about asking people for money. It’s giving them an opportunity to contribute and become part of something larger.2010 NY Ride Participant who raised $1800
- Donate $50 to yourself
- Ask 4 family members to donate $50
- Ask 10 friends to donate $20
- Ask 5 co-workers to donate $20
- Ask 5 neighbors to donate $15
- Ask 10 people from your synagogue to donate $15
- Ask your boss for a company donation of $100 (Ask if your company will match what you raise)
- Ask 5 businesses that you frequent- like your dry cleaner, hair stylist, favorite restaurant to donate $25