Mini Grant Process
Apply for funding for your environmental project!
Hazon is seeking to provide small grants to environmental projects across North America and Israel through our 2013 Jewish Environmental Bike Rides in California and New York. If you are working on a creative Jewish environmental project, simply fill out the short application below and submit an application that corresponds with your location.
We will give priority to smaller organizations with budgets under a million dollars and /or to distinct environmental projects at larger organizations. The grants that Hazon gives out are small and we want to give them to projects and organizations where that will really make a difference. We prefer funding discrete projects which will be completed or reach significant milestones in the year following the grant. Applications must come from registered non-profit organizations.
Projects may focus on any of the following areas:
- the connection between Judaism and the environment
- transportation alternatives to driving
- climate change
- food justice
- sustainable food
- farming and gardening
- Food justice learning and programming
- Recycling and composting programs
- Renewable energy projects such as solar panels for a mikvah and ner tamid
- Cooking classes at Jewish schools or synagogues with nutrition guidance or sustainable products
- Eliminating disposables from a school cafeteria
- Installing gardens at a camp and JCC
- Bike racks at schools and synagogues
See a list of all 100+ projects that Hazon mini grants have funded in the past
Grant winners for the mini-grants:
- Are guaranteed a grant of at least $1,000 and up to $2000 from the proceeds of the Golden Gate and New York Rides
- Will be promoted on the Hazon website and Ride Program Book.
- Will have an opportunity to present to participants at a Hazon Ride, table, or otherwise display materials at a Ride.
- Will be required to send a representative (an active volunteer, officer, or staff member) from the organization to participate as a Rider or Crew. This individual will register, pay the registration fee, and start a team representing the organization. Organizations that field larger teams will have an increased chance of being awarded a mini grant.
- Will be required to promote the Hazon Ride to their participants, members, staff and volunteers, though emails, social networking, and other methods.
- Will be required to complete a short post-project report to Hazon, including photos with signed releases.
Grant Application and Timeline
Grant Applications for 2013 are now open. More details as to deadlines will be posted shortly.
Golden Gate Ride
The 2013 Golden Gate Ride will be held over Memorial Day Weekend (May 24-27).
Grant applications for the 2014 Ride will be available in October 2013 and will be due in winter 2014.
New York Ride
The 2013 New York Ride will be held over Labor Day Weekend (August 30-September 2).
Grant applications are due on June 1st, and will be announced in mid-June.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Hazon at email@example.com.