Israel Sustainable Food Tour: Shmita Year
See, Touch, Smell, and Taste Sustainable Food in Israel
Oct 29 – Nov 3, 2014
Enjoy six glorious days touring Israel and experiencing the sustainable food movement first-hand.
- Experience Shmita, the Biblical sabbatical year, and witness how modern Israelis on the farm and in the city are interpreting Shmita for themselves and their country.
- Meet with change-makers and activists using food systems as a lens to make a more just and healthier society.
- Dig into issues of food justice as you glean produce with Leket, Israel’s largest food rescue program.
- Dine in delicious restaurants and meet innovative chefs like Moshe Basson of Eucalyptus Restaurant.
- Visit food growers and producers across the country, from dairies, to olive orchards, to microbreweries and wineries.
- Take an insider’s tour and taste of Machaneh Yehuda, the storied open-air shuk in Jerusalem.
Reserve your spot with a $360 deposit – early bird registration ends December 31, 2013!
This trip confirmed my general sense that there is some incredible work being done in relationship to sustainability and food in Israel. I was also very surprised at some of the challenges that exist for people who want to promote sustainability in Israel. The warmth and love we were greeted with everywhere we visited allowed me to connect in a new and important way with the land and the people.Ali – Long Grove, IL