We are pleased to present a draft of the itinerary for the Israel Sustainable Food Tour, a partnership of Hazon and the Heschel Sustainability Center. For more information about the tour visit hazon.org/foodtour. Please note that all stops on this draft itinerary are tentative. A final itinerary will be published leading up to the tour in May. Heschel – Hazon 3rd Israel Sustainable Food Tour May 22-27, 2013 י”ג – י”ח סיון, תשע”ג Read more »
Israel Sustainable Food Tour
See, Touch, Smell, and Taste Sustainable Food in Israel
May 22-27, 2013
Enjoy six glorious days touring Israel and experiencing the sustainable food movement first hand.
Just released! Check out a draft of the itinerary for the Israel Sustainable Food Tour.
- Meet with change makers and activists, like Miki Haimovitz, initiator of Israel’s new high-profile national Meatless Mondays campaign, and Bakker Awawdy, Director of the Galilee Society, Israel’s leading Arab health and environment advocacy agency.
- Get your hands dirty, harvest leftover crops, and explore issues of food justice with Leket – Table to Table.
- Dine in delicious restaurants and meet innovative chefs like Moshe Basson of Eucalyptus Restaurant and The Eretz Yisraeli Kitchen.
- Visit food growers and producers across the country, from dairies, to olive orchards, to microbreweries and wineries.
- Take an insider’s tour and taste of Machaneh Yehuda, the storied open air shuk in Jerusalem.
This trip confirmed my general sense that there is some incredible work being done in relationship to sustainability and food in Israel. I was also very surprised at some of the challenges that exist for people who want to promote sustainability in Israel. The warmth and love we were greeted with everywhere we visited allowed me to connect in a new and important way with the land and the people.Ali – Long Grove, IL
New York November 17th / 20th Cheshvan Dear All, This is the period of giving thanks. Thank you: to all the people who commented on (and re-circulated) the piece I wrote last week on Federations. There are various comments on our website, and also on Facebook and elsewhere. We welcome your further feedback. Thank you: to the 17 participants in our second Israel Sustainable Food Tour, and to our partners on that tour at The Heschel Center Read more »
by Dr. Jeremy Benstein, The Heschel Center, Tel Aviv This coming fall, November 2-7, 2011, the Heschel Center for Environmental Learning and Leadership, together with Hazon, will be hosting the second Israel Sustainable Food Tour. This exciting program is a unique way for North American Jews who are passionate about sustainable food to be exposed to the rapidly developing field of sustainable food in Israel. It is also an important opportunity for Read more »