Hazon Food Audit
Hazon has been steadily working to compile best practices around food for Jewish institutions. The Hazon Food Audit and Food Guide Toolkit will help you navigate food choices in your synagogue, JCC, camp, Hillel, or other institution and offers practical suggestions for bringing our ancient tradition of keeping kosher–literally, eating food that is “fit”– to bear on the range of food choices we’re making today.
The Food Audit is an easy-to-use assessment tool that helps you to:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your institution’s policies and practices for promoting food sustainability and justice in seven main categories, and
- Develop an action plan for improving your institution’s food sustainability and food justice policies and practices.
The Food Guide, a companion to the Food Audit, has chapters on the same seven categories assessed in the Food Audit and provides an abundance of information and resources. Click on the Food Audit and Food Guide chapters on the right for an overview of each chapter, or download the complete Food Audit and Food Guide below:
- Download the Hazon Food Audit [PDF]
- Food Audit [Excel File] – (automatically calculates your score)
- Download the complete Food Audit and Food Guide [PDF]
We’d love to hear from you. If you have questions about the Food Audit or Food Guide, or want to share your challenges, successes and stories, send us a note at email@example.com.